$2.50 Sold out
We like experimenting with new ideas, and when we come across something cool, we often make extra strings or small batches along the way. Most of the time the strings play great, but some don’t ever see the light of day because they don't yet have a home. We believe that the great ones should be played, so we started out selling some under the generic name, “test strings.” We’re changing how we do this. We're now referring to them as individual Case Studies under the blanketed name, "Stranger Strings." Some of these strings could be the future, and some of them might only be a one time thing.
We’ll only release the ones that are very playable, and if we believe that you’ll enjoy them - the bad ones get tossed aside and forgotten about forever ;)
Anyway, here's what's up with what we have left of the Case Studies:
Case Study #091 [Smoothie Extra - “Baby Boy Pink” • (baby pink Poly/Nylon)]
- #050 twist and length (similar to Prestige but with less nylon and a tighter twist).
- These are extra prototypes from what we made for the PDX-YO Phidias
Case Study #092 [Smoothie Blend • (neon yellow + yellow + bright blue)]
- Smoothie twist and length. These are from a batch of prototypes that we made for Rain City Skills.
Case Study #093 [Smoothie Blend - “Yoga Flame” • (neon orange + orange + red)]
- Smoothie formula and length. Street Fighter II inspired theme. Dhalsim’s fire move “Yogo Flame!”
Case Study #094 [Smoothie Blend - “Hadoken Blue” • (sky blue + teal + white)]
- Smoothie formula and length. Street Fighter II inspired them. Ryu’s fire move “Hadoken!”
Case Study #095 [Smoothie Blend - “Hadouken Flame” • (Hadouken blue + yoga flame)]
- Smoothie formula and length with pixel twist. This is a combination of #093 and #094 with a ZipLine pixel twist.
Case Study #096 [Executive Class Lite • purple mix + white)]
- Exec. Lite nylon/poly formula with a ZipLine pixel twist. Just experimenting for un upcoming yoyo project that these might be paired with. We just really enjoyed the color combo and love the executive class lite blend.
Case Study #097 [Smoothie Edition • Galaxy Mix - (blue + neon pink + purple + hot pink)]
- Smoothie blend with slightly different materials and a complex ZipLine pixel twist.
Case Study #098 [Smoothie Edition • Galaxy Twist A - (blue + neon pink + purple + hot pink)]
- Same materials as #097, but done in a candy cane twist pattern. The color combo is inspired by and meant to complement the popular YoyoFactory Galaxy Colorway.
Case Study #099 [Smoothie Edition • Galaxy Twist B - (blue + neon pink + light purple + hot pink)]
- Same approach as #098 but colors combined in a slightly different order
Case Study #100 [Smoothie Edition • Galaxy Twist C - (blue + neon pink + light purple)]
- Same approach as #098, but the hot pink is replaced with more light purple. The overall effect puts off a more smooth looking color contrast. It’s very pleasant and beautiful :)
Case Study #101 [Smoothie Edition • (light purple + white)]
- True smoothie blend, the light purple with white blend not only looks pleasant, but it makes for an incredibly smooth feel on the hands as well.
Case Study #102 [smoothie Edition • razzleberry rush+ - (neon pink + light purple + white)]
- Similar to the official Razzleberry Rush but this version has more pink/purple and less white. It just makes for a little bit more of a bold color, as the neon pink really shines through.